Ultimate Performance Volleyball Club regarding COVID-19 and activities:
Until COVID-19 is either eradicated, a vaccine is developed, or a cure is found, there is no way to completely eliminate the risk of infection and as a result USAV strongly encourages all participants to follow these recommendations as safety precautions. This information is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, nor does USAV or its forty (40) Regional Volleyball Associations (Region(s)) assume any liability or responsibility for the recommendations provided herein.
• Refrain from attending any activity if displaying any COVID-19 symptoms.
• Comply with all permissible regulations approved for the venue.
• Wash and sanitize your hands often.
• Do not touch your face, eyes or mouth with unclean hands.
• Refrain from contacting other participants and attendees (high fives and huddles).
• Practice social distancing as often as possible.
• Wear a face mask while at the venue.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze.
• Bring hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
• Properly dispose of your personal drinking cups, bottles, or utensils used.
• Keep a list of people you were in contact with during the activity.
- While attending practice at UPVBC Facility,
- All spectators (if spectators are allowed) must wear a mask full time,
- Players must wear masks going to and from the courts,
- While player is on the court participating during the scheduled activity, player can lower mask during play but must replace mask during teammate to teammate, player to coach, one to one discussions, huddles or maintain 6 feet apart from any other team member. Player may wear mask full-time if family so request.
- 20-minute buffer on arriving and picking up your players from practice will be put into place for the present time.
- Parents can attend practice after the first 20 minutes of their scheduled practice has started and then exit the building 20 minutes prior to the ending time of their scheduled practice. This will help alleviate the congestion of players coming and going to the courts.
All above guidelines are regarding attending functions within sanctioned activities in the UP Facility. It is the decision of each family to guide their players health during these times. If you wish your player to wear mask 100% of the time, that rule must be stressed to the player. If your player displays any sign of COVID-19 or any other transmitted illness, you must refrain from having your player attend any group activity for Ultimate Performance. If your player has been exposed but is asymptomatic, that is your decision to have them attend our activities. We have a reporting form listed on our Covid-19 Protocol Page for your use. We prefer that you use this online system so we will have a formal written statement from the family rather than a call or text to your coach.
If a player on the team has tested positive and that player has been in close proximity to teammates and staff, a decision may be made to advise all players and staff to be quarantined for up to 10 days or until a person can submit a current negative text result.
The activity that may have been missed during the quarantine, will be rescheduled as soon as possible and as court space/time will allow. (i.e. – missing 2 scheduled practice dates, reschedule as space and time allows for enough players to attend the make-up date viable as a team activity.)
If a player has tested positive and must miss a “travel” event, and that circumstance affects enough teammates to where the team event must be cancelled, rescheduling a “travel” event is more difficult and probably impossible. The club/team obtaining a refund will depend on the event and the timing of cancelling that event. Ultimate has no control on other clubs/region events. If a refund is not given to the club for missing an event, no refund or event rescheduling will be offered.
Please use the online reporting form.
Please keep coach/club informed of players health.
Please know that the club is trying to keep our season alive, constructive, and fun for us all.